Thrills and spills
Escape the cold of the mountains and come with us to where the water is warm and the scenery is awe-inspiring. Experience the thrills and spills of whitewater rafting or kayaking on the Coroico River as it winds its way through the jungle of tropical North Yungas. You will have the thrill of conquering grade 2 through 4 rapids (depending on the time of year) under the guidance of an experienced, English-speaking guide. At the same time, you´ll have the chance to appreciate the beauty of drifting down a river in a remarkable valley alongside tropical flora and fauna.
The temperature of the river varies in the different seasons, but it never gets colder than 14° Celsius. The river is considered safe and offers a great, entertaining adventure for everyone, including beginners. You don’t need to have prior experience. Please keep in mind that for safety reasons, we cannot accept passengers under 10 years old during the rainy season. In order for it to be a great experience for everyone in the group, teamwork is essential; everyone needs to follow the instructions of the guide and give his best while paddling.
Rainy Season (November to March):
- for beginners we offer rafting only
- Kayaking is available for those with prior experience
Dry Season (April to October):
- during the majority of the dry season, participants can choose to run the river in either a raft or a inflatable kayak; If the river is very low, kayaking only is available.
What You Get
- American industry PROTEC helmets
- PERCEPTION jackets
- PERCEPTION dry tops, wet suits (waterproof jackets and neoprene suits)
- CARLSLIDE paddles
- Dry bags (waterproof bags)
- NRS rescue ropes
- Food: Water and Lunch
- Length: 1 day tour
- Rafting: Time Approx. 2 – 3 hours
- Rapids: Level 2 through 4 (depending on the river level)
- Difficulty: Every Level – from beginner to expert
- Minimum age: Ten years old in the rainy season
Inflatable boats AIRE from american industry, built with double chambers for more security and “selfbailer” floors, with automatic emptying.
We have boats of several sizes and characteristics for the diferent rivers or expeditions.
Single or double kayaks of the AIRE brand with selfbailer floors (automatic emptying).
To proceed to this activity in level II and III rivers it’s not necessary to have experience. The Coroico River is perfect for beginners in rafting.